Page last updated on 18 September, 2009

 

 

John Passmore Edwards

1823-1911

 

passmoreedwards.org.uk

St Agnes Miner's & Mechanics' Institute
1895

In 1891 Dr William Whitworth wrote to Mr Passmore Edwards seeking his help to provide a Miners' and Mechanics' Institute. Mr Edwards replied that he had wanted to do something for the parish of his birth for a long time and would be more than pleased to supply a building.

St Agnes Miners and Mechanics Institute. Original drawing from  " Passmore Edwards Institutions, Founding and Opening Ceremonies" by J J MacDonald, published in 1900 by The Strand Newspaper Company Ltd.